Why More Men Are Receiving Cosmetic Dental Treatment
In recent Academy of General Dentistry studies, nearly half of men don’t see the need to go to the dentist. About a third of them reported that they don’t visit the dentist because of shame or embarrassment. About 18 percent of men report that they don’t have time for a dental visit, and about five percent don’t have a regular dentist as part of their healthcare. However, this trend of recent decades is starting to change as more men are seeing the benefits of smile makeovers for more than just appearance’s sake.
Why The Trend of Men’s Dental Care is Rising
A friendly, good-looking smile is becoming more important to men, not just for attractiveness. As more articles expose people to how having unhealthy teeth can impact their lives, many men are starting to see the health benefits of seeing their dentist regularly. Moreover, cosmetic procedures are becoming the obvious choice for men seeking to transform their smiles into what they’ve always imagined.
For men with dental problems, tooth discoloration and missing teeth are the top issues they face. Having a healthy smile is crucial, as it helps better protect against the buildup of bacteria and reduces their chances of losing teeth. Cosmetic dentistry can provide numerous options for men seeking out ways to resolve their dental problems, with some of these options including:
- Tooth Whitening: Teeth whitening has helped many men see the benefits of an attractive smile. This procedure is non-invasive and produces short-term results that can be repeated and kept consistent, meaning it can be done anytime they want to improve their smile with an easy fix.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers can easily remove stained, yellow teeth, making them a permanent and effective solution for men attempting to fight off the effects of stained teeth. They protect weakened enamel from decay and give its appearance a new look!
- Dentures: Men with severe tooth loss can use dentures as a cost-effective solution – they can replace an entire row of teeth impacted by disease and age, giving them the comfort and appearance of a full smile.
- Bridges: Some men choose dental bridges as a permanent solution for replacing their missing teeth. Held in place by crowns, bridges offer more stability than dentures and replace multiple missing teeth in one setting.
- Dental Implants: As the most expensive but valuable form of restoration, implants give men with missing teeth the opportunity to regain a lasting smile because of how they feel and act like natural teeth without any real downsides.
The Future of Men and Cosmetic Treatments
Men should receive dental care without the stereotypes and labels that come with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dental treatments offer long-term benefits for men and are a fantastic method for receiving the oral care they need. Cosmetic dental care can reshape their appearance to match their most authentic selves and, most of all, keep their smiles healthy. For more information about cosmetic dental treatments and how they can help improve your smile, schedule an appointment with your local dentist to discuss your options.